The madness of insight

44 posts
Re: The madness of insight
skydancer
This site is designed for the owner to state why people are wrong for believing in the paranormal.

You John Lombard are a fake.
overunity is possible
Hokulele
Please answer the question, if someone were to tell they are Jesus and the scriptures are wrong, would you believe them?
JohnLombard
Site Admin
skydancer wrote:This site is designed for the owner to state why people are wrong for believing in the paranormal.
u

You John Lombard are a fake.
No, Skydancer.  I made the purpose of this site very explicitly clear.

It is for people to discuss and debate different ideas and beliefs, to disagree with each other in a civil manner.  And for each person to present their own arguments/evidence for what they believe, and why...and others to present their arguments/evidence for why they disagree.

The entire purpose of this site is to encourage debate.  And that is impossible if people are not allowed to disagree with each other.

You seem to have some sort of ludicrous idea that you should just be able to say, "This is true!", and everyone else must agree with you.  If anyone disagrees with you, then you have a fit, and start spewing irrelevancies, like me believing in Jesus when I was eight years old.

Nor is this site for stating "why people who believe in the paranormal are wrong"...in fact, the only thread discussing the paranormal is this one, the other threads are in areas such as politics, society, etc.

And if you go and look at those other threads, you will see that people also disagree with each other there.

Your position is fundamentally ludicrous.  Basically, what you are really saying is, "skydancer has the right to say whatever they want, but nobody else has the right to state their own beliefs or ideas, if they disagree with skydancer".  It is an arrogant and ignorant position.

My position is this.  You are perfectly free to make whatever claims you want.  And you are perfectly free to disagree with others.  Likewise, others are perfectly free to disagree with you.  So long as those who are disagreeing with each other do so in a civil manner, which avoids personal attacks, insults, etc.

Warning -- I am giving you one final chance to adjust your behavior.  You've now made explicit personal attacks several times, calling me a liar and a fake.  Nobody here has made similar personal attacks on you -- we've disagreed with your claim, but have not attacked you personally (in fact, the one time someone came close to doing so, I gave them a warning about it, and they apologized immediately).

If you continue to exhibit similar behavior -- to make personal attacks on others, or to get upset when people dare to disagree with you, then your account will be suspended.
  Please note that you would not be suspended because of your claims about predicting the future in a dream, and you are welcome to continue making such claims; you would be suspended for breaking the very clear rules of conduct that you agreed to when you joined these forums.
JohnLombard
Site Admin
Skydancer:

Let me try explaining the purpose of Wrest In Peace more clearly.

The purpose is not for you to 'prove' that you are right, or for me to 'prove' that you are wrong.  The purpose is for you to give the reasons why you believe you are right; and for those who disagree with you to give reasons why they believe that you are wrong.

Then other people who read the thread can better understand your claims, and my claims, and the claims of others involved in the discussion.  Based on that information, they can make their own choices.

What you are attempting to do is insist that myself and others should not be allowed to give reasons why we disagree...that you should be allowed to make your claims, without any opposition or questions.  And that, absolutely, is not going to happen.  Wrest In Peace is not a "make any claim you want without being challenged" kinda' place.  Quite the opposite...I expect and desire every claim to be challenged, and questioned.

If you can handle that, great.  If not, then perhaps Wrest In Peace is not the best place for you.